Simple Way to Make Quick Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf recipe. To cook sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf you only need 20 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Provide 4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into small 1/4" chunks
- Provide 1 chicken breast, skinless, cut into 1/4" chunks
- You need Marinade
- Prepare 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Get 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Get 2 shallots, sliced thin
- Prepare 1 tbsp sake
- Prepare 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- Get 1/4 tsp chinese five spice
- Take 1/4 tsp fish sauce
- Provide 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Take 1 tbsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- Use 1 tsp onion powder
- Use 2 tsp corn starch
- You need 2 cups thai sticky rice (see description for notes)
- Prepare 200 g shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and sliced thin
- You need 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Use 3 tbsp peanut oil (or other frying oil)
- Provide 3 large banana leaves
- Use bamboo skewerd
Instructions to make Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Combine chicken, shallots and marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour up to 4 hours.
- Put rice in a large bowl and submerge fully in water. Let soak for at least one hour up to 3.
- After at least an hour of soaking, drain the water from the rice and add 2 cups fresh water and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to barely maintain a simmer. Cover the rice and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil and peanut oil each in a wok over medium high heat. When the oil starts to smoke add half of the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside. Then do the other half of the mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium and add another 1/2 tsp of each of the oils and add 1/3 of chicken mix. Cook until golden brown.
- We are cooking in batches as to not crowd the pan. So you'll repeat thos twice more with thw remaining chicken. When the pan gets dry add a couple tablespoons of sake rather than oil.
- Combine the stir fried chicken and mushrooms. Toss and set aside.
- While you're waiting for the rice to finish prepare your banana leaves. Cut 4 sheets about 18 inches long and another four sheets about 10 inches long.
- After 20 minutes test the rice for doneness by scooping out a small hole in the middle. If all the water is done you're good to go. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place one long sheet and one short sheet of leaf down on a flat surafce perpendicular to each other.
- Take a handful of rice and pat it down into a circular base. You're looking for about 1/4 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter.
- Spoon the chicken mix onto the rice. Leave about 1/4 inch around the perimeter of the rice uncovered.
- Take another handful and cover the chicken, making a dome.
- Fold the sides of the banana leaves in lengrhwise.
- Bring in the top of the leaf as of you were folding a present. Secure by weaving the skewere through the layers of leaves. Break off the excess.
- Repeat with the bottom.
- Finish the other 3 dumplings. You can now refrigerate these for up to four days, or go straight to heating if you're ready to eat.
- Heat the banana leaves over low heat on a grill. About 10 minutes each side. Alternatively you can put the leaves in an oven at 325F for 20 minutes.
If you find this Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.