Recipe of Award-winning Sweet Cornbread
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of wellness. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the greatest idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work properly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt combines beautifully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet cornbread recipe. To cook sweet cornbread you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Cornbread:
- Get 1 Cup Corn Meal
- Prepare 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- You need 1 TBS Baking Powder
- You need 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Get 2 Eggs
- Provide 1 Cup Buttermilk
- Use 1/2 Cup Milk (Whole Milk is ideal)
- Use 1/2 Cup Melted Butter (Divided)
- You need 1/4 Cup Olive or Veg Oil
- Get 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Provide 1/4 Cup White Sugar (Or Honey)
Instructions to make Sweet Cornbread:
- Preheat Oven To 375° F
- In a large bowl, mix Cornmeal, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, and Sugar.
- In another bowl mix Buttermilk, Milk, Eggs, Oil, and 1/4 Cup of Cooled Melted Butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add the other 1/4 Cup Butter into a 10" Cast Iron Skillet. Place in oven to preheat skillet.
- Carefully remove skillet after about 10 minutes. Pour batter into pan and place back in oven. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve.
- I like to rub some butter over the top of the Cornbread right after removing from the oven. Another delicious option is to heat 1/4 Cup of Butter & 1/4 Cup honey together in the microwave, and then brush that over the top.
If you find this Sweet Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.