Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Southern Style Cornbread Dressing
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack a lot of people ignore. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without reducing the taste of your snack.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style cornbread dressing recipe. To make southern style cornbread dressing you need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- Use Buttermilk cornbread
- Provide 1 cup corn meal
- Provide 1 cup all-purpose flour, use rice flour for GF
- Get 3 tbsp sugar
- Get 1 tbsp baking powder
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Use 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Use 1 cup buttermilk
- You need 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Use Cornbread Stuffing
- Get 1 14 oz bag herb season stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm makes a great one, there are several GF options if you prefer
- Use 2 stick unsalted butter
- Take 2 cup fine chopped onion
- Get 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Take 3 clove minced garlic
- You need 5 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Use 5 eggs lightly beaten
- Use 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- Provide 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Provide 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning blend
- Use 1 salt and pepper to taste
Instructions to make Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- for cornbread, grease a 10" cast iron skillet and place in oven and preheat to 425
- in large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients for cornbread, in separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients. stir until just incorporated
- pour batter in preheated skillet and smooth to edges, bake until golden but not over dry, about 16 minutes. remove from skillet immediately to completely cool
- for cornbread dressing, preheat oven to 350. in a LARGE stock pot, crumble cornbread and mix in stuffing mix and stir in poultry seasoning
- saute onion and celery in one stick of butter until translucent and stir into cornbread mixture
- melt remaining stick of butter and in a large mixing bowl combine butter, stock, eggs, sage, and thyme
- add stock mixture to cornbread mixture, stir well to thoroughly combine, season with salt and pepper
- pour in to a well greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake at 350 uncovered until set, about 45 minutes
- If doing the gluten free version check in early.. It tends to brown faster… Almost had a disaster
If you find this Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.