Recipe of Ultimate Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Yogurt can be a snack many people neglect. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Try putting in some healthy nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to super easy chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. You can cook super easy chicken and sausage gumbo using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Get 1 cup flour
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup oil
- Use 2 cup chopped onion
- Take 2 cup chopped bell pepper
- You need 2 clove chopped garlic
- Take 2 lb smoked sausage
- Get 2 lb boneless chicken breasts
Steps to make Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Make roux. Combine flour and oil in large soup pot and cook over a medium fire till it turns a dark chocolate brown. You can cook it on high if you want, but be careful not to burn it!
- Once you've made your roux, add in your onion, bell pepper, and garlic. This stops the roux from cooking anymore. Stir roux and veggies until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Cut up the sausage and chicken into small pieces and add to pot.
- Add about 4 quarts of water. Stir until the roux is completely dissolved.
- Bring to boil and allow gumbo to cook for at least 30-45 minutes before you add any seasoning. Then you can add salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste. I use salt, pepper, Tony's, and Tabasco.
- Turn down burner to medium and allow gumbo to cook for at least 2 hours or more if you want.
- Sometimes I like to add shrimp to my gumbo. If you decide to do this, add it at least 30 minutes before it's finished cooking. Any longer and the shrimp will be too soft and overcooked.
If you find this Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.