Steps to Make Speedy Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Eating almonds is a wonderful option as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they’re packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that causes drowsiness, is present in almonds. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to long for a nap. Instead, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style buttermilk biscuits recipe. You can cook southern style buttermilk biscuits using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Take 1/2 cup Cold Butter
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup Self Rising Flour
- Use 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- Provide 2 tbsp Melted Butter
Steps to make Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Cut butter with a sharp knife or pastry blender into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle butter slices over flour in a large bowl. Toss butter with flour. Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times, gradually adding additional flour as needed.
- With floured hands, press or pat dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Sprinkle top of dough with additional flour. Fold dough over onto itself in 3 sections, starting with 1 short end. (Fold dough rectangle as if folding a letter-size piece of paper)
- Repeat entire process 2 more times, beginning with pressing into a 3/4-inch-thick dough rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Press or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place, side by side, on a parchment paper-lined or lightly greased jelly-roll pan. (Dough rounds should touch.)
- Bake at 450° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
If you find this Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.